We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our Risk Management department in Luxembourg. You will work on a variety of risk-related tasks involving fund businesses, UCITS, AIFs and certain other new funds initiatives. This role involves directly supporting the Senior Risk Manager in the execution of the department’s mandate and strategy.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the risk management framework;
- Preparing new risk applications and reviews, ensuring they are of a high quality, proof-read and signed-off by the Senior Management, and meet any review dates/ business deadlines;
- Supporting ongoing risk management and investment compliance for the funds’ businesses, including limit monitoring, follow-up on limit breaches, annual and ongoing assessments of portfolio risks, and creating new controls as necessary in response to regulatory or business needs;
- Managing limits, exposures and documentation effectively, in order to minimise the risk to the Firm;
- Keeping abreast of recent developments (rating actions / results / press coverage) in the funds’ portfolios, and being in a position to express a clear risk view;
- Overseeing the funds’ valuation process and related pricing decisions; Preparing UCITS and AIFMD regulatory reporting;
- Building strong relationships with various groups across the Firm – acting as a key liaison between Risk Management, Front Office, Investment Compliance and other departments both regionally and globally;
- Interacting and assisting with funds’ investment and administration professionals regarding all fund matters;
- Preparing reports to submit to the Board of Directors and to the Management Committee;
- Assisting in the selection of Risk Management systems and tools;
- Being a key point of contact with clients and business partners for risk management related matters.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in risk management and investment compliance for UCITS and AIFs;
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg UCITS and AIFMD legal and regulatory framework, in particular with regard to the risk management requirements; Excellent knowledge of financial derivatives instruments, both exchange traded and OTC;
- Excellent IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server would be considered as an advantage;
- Energetic and solution based team player who is willing to help and support colleagues;
- Self-motivated and detail oriented;
- Good communication and analytic skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Please send a CV and covering letter to careers @azfund.com, quoting job reference AZFRIS102018 in the subject.